Monday, October 28, 2013

This I Believe is My Dream Job

Joe Faraoni/ESPN

This I believe is what my dream job will be. Hosting my own sport radio show on a major network such as ESPN, Fox Sports, etc. I love everything about having this type of job. Spending my days talking about subjects I'm interested in and listening to what other people have to say. I love everything about sports and since I can't play them professionally I want to spend the rest of my life covering them and giving out my opinion on them.

I went to college originally at Wichita State University to pursue a career working in sports and there I was able to obtain a degree in Sport Management. What I learned though after spending my time there working for the university while it was a good job and a good place to work I wasn't really all that interested in the business side of sports. I didn't really care about marketing a athletic institution or convincing season ticket holders to renew their tickets. I started to realize though that I was listening to 610 Sport Radio in Kansas City, Mo everyday. From there I realized that this is what I enjoy doing. My favorite moments are talking with my dad about what our favorite team should do or just about general sport topics in general.

I believe Kentucky gives me the best opportunity to achieve these goals. I had the chance to go to a lot of school such as Syracuse, Missouri and Kansas, which is the school I grew up rooting for but when visiting Kentucky there was just something about the place that spoke to me that didn't occur at the other schools where I truly believed this place would put me in the position to achieve my dream job one day.

This is something I want extremely bad. I know just by completing a program and getting a degree will not guarantee me any success that I must continue to work on my craft to achieve this dream but I will do whatever it takes to reach my goal and I believe I will be one of the more well known alums of the University of Kentucky when it is all said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment